The combination of fenugreek and egg plant is amazing in taste, this is one of my mom's recipe and one of my favorites too.
- 4-5 small - brinjal diced into cubes
- 250g - fenugreek leaves finely chopped
- 1 - tomato chopped into pieces
- 1 tsp - red chilli powder
- 1 tsp - coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp - turmeric powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafotedia
- In a cooker, add oil and let it heat.To this add cumin seeds, asafotedia and stir it for a 1 minute.
- Add Brinjal pieces to it and stir it for about 2 minutes then add salt and turmeric powder.
- Add finely chopped fenugreek to this and 1/2 cup water, close the lid of cooker and cook it for about 2 whistles.
- Now open the lid and add chopped tomatoes, coriander powder and red chilli powder.Mix well and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy with roti/phulka.