This is a simple recipe of arbi.
It’s healthy since arbi is boiled first instead of deep frying.
- 250 grams arbi (arvi/ taro root/ colocassia)
- 1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- A pinch of hing (asafoetida)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash and pressure cook arbi to 1 whistle. Peel and cut into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add ajwain. When they change color, add hing, green chilli and curry leaves.
- Add arbi, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well and turn the heat to medium-low.Cook uncovered, stirring in between till arbi becomes golden brown.
- Add rest of the spices and cook stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Arbi is ready.